- Career Development Quarterly, NCDA's journal is the premier career counseling journal, presenting the latest information in career development research and career counseling practice. CDQ is provided electronically to members.
- Career Developments, the NCDA magazine, is a themed publication offering articles that balance a broad vision with practical applications. Published four times per year, each issue offers a focused article on a select theme, a feature article on a prominent NCDA event, specific content for five departments, and four regular columns. Only members receive this print magazine in the mail each quarter.
- Career Convergence, NCDA's web magazine offers new articles each month for career development practitioners working in a variety of work settings. This is emailed to members on the first day of each month. Members are invited to submit articles and can receive CEUs when published.
- The Career Resource Store offers career development publications that are available to members at discounted prices. NCDA carries publications appropriate for use with adults, K-12, post-secondary, and several other specialized areas.
- Global Career Development Conference that provides exciting keynoters, over 150 CE-approved program sessions, and provides opportunities for networking with many career professionals. Members receive discounts on registration fees.
- Professional Development Institutes provide opportunities for continuing education at the annual conference and occasionally at state and regional locations (such as the Career Practitioner Institutes). Members receive discounts on registration. Other Professional Development opportunities are listed on the website, including the exclusive Leadership Academy and online Job listings (for members only).
- Liability Insurance is available to NCDA members whose practice is limited to career services through the ACA Insurance HPSO. Call 800-347-6647 for more information.
- Networking Opportunities are endless with thousands of career development professionals who are members of state divisions and NCDA. Members can access a Directory under Members Only Resources (after logging in). Members may also use the Questions and Comments form (under Members Only Resources) to discuss career-related issues of interest.
- Professional Recognition can be achieved by applying for the new NCDA Credentials. Members are also eligible for annual NCDA Awards.
- Sample Forms is an online repository of documents for members to review and reference when developing professional forms for use in all career development settings.
- Multicultural Career Resource List. The Committee on Diversity Initiatives and Cultural Inclusion developed a comprehensive list of diversity career resources for members. This is a consolidated a list of over 150 resources, organized by population, including resources for ethnic minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, LGBT, as well as general multicultural career topics and workplace diversity. It is available to members upon Login, under Members Only Resources.
- Bibliography of Military Career Transition Research, 2000-present. The Veterans Committee (Research Sub-Committee) created this pdf. The Table of Contents includes a wide variety of demographics: female, LGB, ex-offenders, and more. Theory Applications, employment, and students are some of the topics covered. It is available to members upon Login, under Members Only Resources.
- Resources for Partnering With International Students. Developed by the NCDA International Student Taskforce, this pdf includes resources for career counseling and career services professionals to support career development of International students, specifically focused on students within the college/university setting. Resources explore multicultural counseling competencies, programming and career services development, assessment implications, and employment search. Also included is a list of self-guided websites and books to provide directly to the International student. It is available to members upon Login, under Members Only Resources.
- NCDA has been approved as a member organization of the Automation Federation. The Automation Foundation and NCDA are working together to convey the message to students, job seekers, returning Veterans, and those in career transition that pursuing a career in the automation profession can be rewarding, and is essential to the long-term viability of our nation's and the world's advanced manufacturing effort. Click here to read the current AF/NCDA Workforce Position Statement.
- NCDA members may received discounts on conference rates from such events as Cannexus. Watch your email or the website for these partnership benefits.
If your organization would like to make a partnership offer to NCDA or its members, please contact email@example.com
Keep your Membership benefits coming -- we need your current email address to send you the web magazine and monthly announcements-- give NCDA your updated contact information. Your membership profile can be updated when you Login.