The Leadership Academy was created in 2006 with the ultimate goal of the identifying and nurturing future generations of NCDA Leaders. Up to eight NCDA members will be selected to join this hands-on, highly experiential leadership development opportunity designed specifically for promising national and state career development association leaders. NCDA's Leadership Academy will refine and strengthen the leadership skills of those selected for this dynamic program.
Applicants selected to the NCDA Leadership Academy Class may:
- Attend a series of leadership workshops and training sessions during the upcoming NCDA annual conference.
- Learn more about NCDA's history, governance process, and strategic initiatives.
- Meet with current and past NCDA leaders in a small group environment, thereby increasing the opportunity for high quality, one-to-one interactions.
- Learn more about leadership opportunities within NCDA, including leadership positions associated with NCDA committees, councils, and task forces as well as state associations.
- Develop lifelong relationships with other NCDA members interested in leadership opportunities within the national and state organizations.
- Prepare for future leadership positions on the NCDA Board and committees or with state associations.
- Identify a twelve-month Leadership Action Learning Project selected from a list of Board and committee identified needs listed at the end of this application or a relevant and related career information topic. Research and complete the project with the support of members of the NCDA Board of Directors. Provide a written report in advance of and short presentation on Project results at the next year's conference.
Over ten classes of the Leadership Academy have convened. See links on the left sidebar (or below) to view Class information for each year, including Class Projects and Class Presentations at the NCDA Conference. Read more about the first ten years in the NCDA web magazine, Career Convergence.
Future LA participants will need to complete the new online application, with an annual deadline of November 1. Please read the Leadership Academy application Instructions first. The application usually opens around conference time in the summer.
LA Alumni may apply online to participate in the LA Development Committee (if there is an opening, the link will be posted here in the summer; annual deadline: August 15)
Contact NCDA Staff Liaison Alicia Cheek; or any LA alumn.