Register Now for Webinars Covering the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA)
President Barack Obama signed the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) into law on July 22, 2014. WIOA is designed to help job seekers access employment, education, training, and support services to succeed in the labor market and to match employers with the skilled workers they need to compete in the global economy. The Department of Labor (DOL), in coordination with the U.S. Departments of Education (ED) and Health and Human Services (HHS), is working diligently to ensure that states, local areas, other grantees, and stakeholders are prepared for implementation of WIOA.
The Department scheduled Webinars on the dates listed below on specific topics. Input from state and local workforce leaders and practitioners, workforce system partners, customers, and other stakeholders, is critical to successful implementation of this new law. These Webinars provide an opportunity for the Department of Labor and the Department of Education to hear your input on the following key implementation topics:
· Thursday, August 21 - Strengthening the One Stop System
· Friday, August 22 - Job-Driven Training for Adults and Dislocated Workers
· Monday, August 25 - Integrated Performance Reporting and the ETPL
· Tuesday, August 26 - Consultation with Consumers, Advocacy Groups, and Direct Service Providers on Services for Individuals with Disabilities
· Thursday, August 28 - The Migrant and Seasonal Farmworker Program
· Tuesday, September 2 - Services to Individuals with Disabilities
· Friday, September 5 - Services to Disconnected Youth
· Thursday, September 11 - Strategic Program Alignment and Unified Planning
· Friday, September 12 - WIOA and Registered Apprenticeship
· Monday, September 15 - The Indian and Native American Program
All Webinars will begin at 2:00 p.m. eastern time and last for 1 hour.
Each Webinar will follow a consistent format.
· Welcome and Purpose
· Brief Overview of the Act
· Key Changes in the Law for the Topic Discussed
· Discussion Questions
We will share the discussion questions for each Webinar in advance on the Webinar registration page at http://www.doleta.gov/WIOA/
To register to participate in one or more Webinars, please visit http://www.doleta.gov/WIOA/
Registration is expected to fill up quickly – register early.