OPA COVID-19 Vaccines July 12, 2021 Update
Independent Pharmacy COVID-19 Vaccine Incentives for Medicaid Patients: July 14 Survey Deadline
Independent pharmacies have two options to incentivize Medicaid patients who get their first COVID-19 shot at their pharmacy.
- Independent pharmacies can receive Visa gift cards directly to give to patients. Pharmacies that have already ordered these gift cards should receive them by the end of this week. If you are an independent pharmacy vaccinator, please fill out this COVID-19 Medicaid Patient Incentive Survey to provide the number of gift cards needed for 30 days by the close of business on Wednesday, 7/14. Thank you to those who have already responded with the projected numbers of gift cards needed.
- Pharmacies that cannot use Visa gift cards can also share an incentive flyer created specifically for Medicaid patients to receive a gift card online. Please print and share the COVID-19 Vaccine Incentive Medicaid Flyer with your patients.
- Independent pharmacies that receive COVID-19 vaccine gift cards for Medicaid patients will be required to track the gift cards along with patient vaccine administration information to the patient’s corresponding managed care program. Send these reports to each corresponding managed care program securely every Monday by the close of business. Please include the following information:
- 12 Digit Gift Card Number
- Member ID
- Patient Last Name
- Patient First Name
- Date of Service
- Date of Birth
- COVID-19 Vaccine BrantManaged Care Plan
Please ensure that the gift card tracker documents have patient information specific to each managed care plan and that the information is sent securely via email to protect patient data. Vaccinators can use this COVID-19 Vaccine Gift Card Tracker Example.
COVID-19 Health Equity Resource
Certain segments of Ohio’s population continue to have issues accessing the COVID-19 vaccine. These access issues include geographical inaccessibility but also vaccine hesitancy among the community. The Ohio Department of Health (ODH) has created the following provider guidance on Health Equity Considerations Getting Vaccine to Ohio’s Most Vulnerable.
Vaccine Ordering Resource
All vaccinators are able to order state distributed vaccines through Ohio’a Vaccine Ordering Management System (VOMS). ODH has created a COVID-19 Vaccine Ordering Webinar to provide further guidance into the steps to successfully order vaccines from the state.
ReminderManaged Care Programs Announced Pharmacy Incentives for COVID-19 Vaccine
Ohio’s Medicaid Managed Care Programs announced additional pharmacy incentives through CSS Health and OutcomesMTM platforms. Pharmacists can now engage further with Ohio’s Medicaid population to have meaningful patient interactions answering their questions and administering the COVID-19 vaccines. Ohio Medicaid patients for the following plans are eligible for this incentive:
- Buckeye Health Plan- Medicaid
- CareSource (via CSS Health)
- Molina Medicaid
- Molina Medicaid- COVID-19 Immunization
- Paramount – Medicaid
- UHC Ohio Medicaid
Additionally, see this website: https://www.covidvaxonthespot.com/ that provides valuable resources to patients, including upcoming vaccine events, transportation information, and pharmacy information. For specific details about the incentive programs, please see the following press releases: Outcomes(TM) partners with Medicaid plans to help Ohio Medicaid members get vaccinated and CareSource Partners with CSS Health to Help Members Get Vaccinated.
Helpful State Vaccine Resources and Information
The following resources are helpful for vaccinators to contact ODH regarding vaccine shipments:
- COVID Vaccine Provider Call Center: 1-844-963-4829 (The ODH Provider Call Center is open daily from 8:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. Monday through Friday and is no longer open on weekends)
- COVID-19 Vaccine Provider Resources website
- ImpactSIIS Job Aids and Videos
- ImpactSIIS help desk: email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance or call 1-866-349-0002.
- Medicaid Managed Care Plan Provider Services Numbers:
- Buckeye Health Plan: 866-296-8731
- CareSource: 800-488-0134
- Molina Healthcare: 855-322-4079
- Paramount Advantage: 800-891-2542
- United Healthcare: 800-600-9007
OPA is working diligently to facilitate communication between state decision-makers and member pharmacists. OPA has created multiple COVID-19 resources, including a COVID-19 Vaccine Information Webpage, COVID-19 Testing Hub, and COVID-19 Resources Webpage, on the OPA website www.ohiopharmacists.org under the Resources drop-down box. For further questions, please contact Myriam Shaw Ojeda, Fellow in Policy and Innovation, at email@example.com.