OPA Student membership dues are only $25 annually or join until graduation at discounted rates:
- 1-Year Student Member- $25
- 2-Year Student Member- $40
- 3-Year Student Member- $60
- 4-Year Student Member- $75
- 5-Year Student Member- $100
- 6-Year Student Member- $115
Not ready to commit? Take advantage of a complimentary membership through December 31, 2022. Give OPA the opportunity to demonstrate the value of membership!
OPA will engage, educate and expose you to leaders within the profession; to key advocates & legislative contacts; to a variety of career opportunities; and to the many benefits of state association involvement. If you have questions, please contact OPA at [email protected] or (614)389-3236.
- One mentorship panel hosted by NPX per year
- Quarterly advocacy updates
- Virtual Lunch + Learns every other month focused on unique practice areas/timely topics
- Year-round offerings of OPA student projects - professional writing and research opportunities
- Student-specific follow-up to the OPA Innovation Series
- Annual Conference Student Events: Business Plan Competition, OTC Challenge, Student Olympics, and more
- Electronic Ohio Pharmacist monthly journal
- Opportunity to collaborate with OPA on projects
- Networking Opportunities with Ohio pharmacists and student pharmacists
- Opportunity to attend OPA committee meetings
- Discounts on Student Registrations to OPA programs
Student Pharmacist Legislative Day
Ohio Pharmacists Association Pharmacy Student Legislative Day is an advocacy event that affords student pharmacists the opportunity to meet with legislators to educate them about pharmacy-related issues and the value of the pharmacist. You will learn about the latest legislative issues in the Ohio Statehouse, how to effectively communicate those issues, hear from the legislators themselves, and have a chance to visit with your legislator. This program will allow you to become involved in the issues impacting Ohio pharmacy practice. We’ll discuss new pharmacist-payment models, Medicaid issues, PBM reform, new laws and rules, scope of practice expansion, and other critical pharmacy issues.
Stay tuned to OPA's website for 2023's event!
OPA's Annual Conference & Trade Show
The OPA Annual Conference has plenty of opportunities to expand your pharmacy knowledge. This three-day meeting is full of student-focused programming, numerous continuing pharmacy education programs to complement your classroom education, and invaluable networking opportunities for everyone. Enhance your professional platform while discovering what OPA can do for you now and for your future!
Student events include:
Innovative Pharmacy Business Plan Competition
In this annual competition, students have been invited to submit business plans detailing the loan request, mission statement, description of the business, marketing plan, and financial reports for buying a pharmacy or developing innovative pharmacy services. Three finalist teams will present their plans to a panel of judges.
2022 Business Plan Competition Winners: University of Cincinnati
Pictured left to right: Kaitlyn Bliss, Chelsea Fuller, Team Captain Madeline Jager, and Katarzyna Blair
2022 Student Olympics Winners: The Ohio State University
Pictured left to right: Dr. T’Bony Jewell, Jacky Lin, Patrick Bell, Sarah Salomone, Mario Martinez, Mallory Trombetta, and Riley Evans
OTC and Self-Care Challenge
2022 OTC and Self-Care Challenge Winners- The Ohio State University
Pictured left to right: Jen Slogar, Michaela Slevin, Sarah Leupold, Emma Siegel, Lucy Andrews
Student Law Review
New Practitioner Experience (NPX) Events and more!
Save the date for OPA's 145th Annual Conference & Trade Show- April 14-16, 2023!
Attending a program through your college, but not a member? Please create a profile using the button below.