Top Reasons You Should Attend OPA's Annual Conference! April 17-19
Attention all Student Pharmacists!
The 137th OPA Annual Conference and Trade Show offers an exciting weekend of educational programming, networking opportunities, and friendly competitions. Join us on April 17-19, 2015, at the Greater Columbus Convention Center. Register before March 31 for discounted pricing! Here are the Top 5 reasons to attend the OPA Annual Conference! We like #2 and think you will too!
1) The Chance to Prove Your School is the Best!
- Student Olympics: Help your college compete for the prestigious Pharmacy Olympics Trophy
- OPA’s 9th Annual “OTC and Self-Care Challenge – Battle of the Colleges!”
2) Around the Residency Realm in 90 minutes
- Come and learn about Community and Ambulatory care based PGY1 residencies! A panel of PGY1 program directors, alumni, and residents will be presenting on a wide variety of topics and sharing their experiences
3) Conversations Over Coffee
- Come talk to pharmacy leaders and students from around the state about leadership, advocacy and starting your career off right
4) Student Law Review and Advocacy Update Programs
- Dr. Donnie Sullivan is back to give a comprehensive law review for students preparing to take the Ohio Law exam
- Update on bills passed in 2014, what is on the docket for 2015, and beyond
5) New and Interesting Pharmacy Ideas
- Innovative Pharmacy Business Plan Competition 2015
- Ohio Research Forum 2015
- Ohio Innovative Practice Forum 2015
Book Your Hotel Now! Conference Hotel Links
When reserving your room online, please use the appropriate OPA booking codes which may be found on our Conference Hotel Links page. If phoning in reservations, mention that you are attending the OPA conference to obtain our special conference rates. Reservation requests made after March 17 for the Hyatt Regency, Hilton or Crowne Plaza; and those made for Hampton Inn & Suites or Drury Inn after March 26 are subject to availability and may not be available at the special conference rates.
The entire Student conference brochure may be view or downloaded from the following link: http://www.ohiopharmacists.org/aws/OPA/asset_manager/get_file/94392?ver=33798
More detailed information about the Conference (includes program times, hotel reservation information, updates, and secure online registration.)
See you in April!
Andrew Faiella, The Ohio State University, OPA Extern
Hannah Fish, The University of Toledo, OPA Extern
Nick Newman, Ohio Northern University, OPA Extern