OPA COVID-19 Vaccines 5/10 Update | Survey 5/11 Deadline
COVID-19 vaccine distribution continues to be available to all eligible individuals over age 16. All individuals from previous phases continue to be appropriate candidates for the vaccine as well.
Homebound Patients Outreach Playbook
The Ohio Department of Health (ODH) has released guidance on providing vaccinations to homebound patients. This playbook contains helpful guidance and resources to reach homebound patients with the COVID-19 vaccine. This resource includes screening tools, process flowcharts, contact information, and printable resources. Pharmacies can provide a crucial link to widening access to the vaccine, and utilizing this resource can provide additional coverage for patients who lack access to the COVID-19 vaccine.
Vaccine Allocation Survey for 5/17
The Governor’s office continues to facilitate allocation drives among independent pharmacy vaccinators. If you are contracted with the state as a vaccinator, please respond to the COVID-19 Vaccine Allocation Survey to share your allocation needs for the week of 5/17 to input your pharmacy’s responses. If your responses have not changed, you do not need to respond to the survey. You will be asked to respond to the following questions:
- Do you require a bi-weekly vaccine allocation due to a decrease in demand?
- Are you interested in conducting employer vaccine clinics?
- If you answered yes, how many vaccines will you need in the coming week (5/17)?
- New Do you plan to conduct walk-in vaccine clinics?
We will continue to send this update weekly to better facilitate allocation decisions. Please respond to the survey by Tuesday, May 11, 2021.
COVID-19 Vaccination Closed On-Site Clinics Resources
ODH asks vaccinators to consider conducting employer vaccination clinics. A COVID-19 Vaccination Program for Businesses and Organizations webpage has been created to provide resources to vaccinators and Ohio employers. These resources include a vaccination toolkit, vaccination clinic checklists, and printable media.
COVID-19 Vaccine Shipping
As a reminder to all vaccinators to complete the following tasks after the receipt of vaccine shipments:
- Verify lot numbers, expiration date, and number of doses received
- Documenting temperature logs of refrigeration storage units. See this resource for temperature monitoring guidance.
- Reporting of administered doses within 24 hours on ImpactSIIS. It is important to note that to ensure that vulnerable populations are reached, the target population and occupation codes (TP/O) of patients who receive the vaccine are recorded.
- Additional guidance can be used for the transfer of vaccines to other vaccinator sites.
The following resources are helpful for vaccinators to contact ODH regarding vaccine shipments:
- COVID Vaccine Provider Call Center: 1-844-963-4829
- COVID-19 Vaccine Provider Resources website
- ImpactSIIS Job Aids and Videos
- ImpactSIIS help desk: email [email protected] for assistance or call 1-866-349-0002.
OPA is working diligently to facilitate communication between state decision-makers and member pharmacists. OPA has created multiple COVID-19 resources, including a COVID-19 Vaccine Information Webpage, COVID-19 Testing Hub, and COVID-19 Resources Webpage, on the OPA website www.ohiopharmacists.org under the Resources drop-down box. For further questions, please contact Myriam Shaw Ojeda, Fellow in Policy and Innovation, at [email protected].