OOGEEP Responding to Oilfield Emergencies Training
Saturday, May 4 - Sunday, May 5, 2019
ABOUT THE TRAINING
While responding to oilfield emergencies is rare, it can be challenging. Join more than 1,500 Ohio firefighters (and departments from 7 other states) that have taken this training to learn common practices, references and standards used by the fire service and the natural gas and oil industry.
The training program incorporates the following three (3) sections:
- Interactive classroom presentations and special activities.
- Hands-on fire behavior labs.
- Opportunity to participate in a unique oilfield tour. (This will be coordinated on a separate date.)
This emergency response program provides insight into how natural gas and oil is explored, drilled, produced and transported, and the importance of establishing a unified command in the event of an emergency.
Upon completion of the training, each participant will receive a certificate of attendance, an “Oilfield Emergency Response Training” patch, challenge coin, class photo, field guide, Class B Foam and many other materials. (Reciprocating patches and challenge coins are greatly appreciated). Participants will also receive documentation for up to 12 CEU contact credit hours. These CEU credits must be approved by each department’s Fire Chief in accordance with State Fire Training regulations.
Lead Fire Instructor:
Chief Brent Gates, New Concord Fire Department
- Ohio Certified Fire Instructor
- Adjunct Instructor Ohio Fire Academy
- Board of Directors, Ohio Fire Chiefs’ Association
- President, Southeast Fire Chiefs’ Association
- More than 40 years experience in emergency response and fire education
Includes a team of 15+ state certified fire instructors, emergency responders and industry experts with more than 500 years of combined experience in the oil and gas industry and/ or fire service.
Wayne County Fire & Rescue Regional Training Facility
2311 South Millborne Road, Apple Creek, OH 44606
Hilton Garden Inn
959 Dover Road, Wooster, Ohio 44691
DAY 1 - SATURDAY, MAY 4, 2019
8:30 AM - Registration and Full Hot Breakfast
9:00 AM- 4:00 PM - Interactive Classroom Presentations and Special Activities. Lunch will be provided.
Optional Evening Reception/ Dinner - Details will be announced at the training.
DAY 2 - SUNDAY, MAY 5, 2019
(Must attend day 1)
8:30 AM - Check-in and Full Hot Breakfast
9:00 AM - 4:00 PM - Hands-on Fire Behavior Labs. Lunch will be provided.
OILFIELD TOUR (DATE TBA)
(Must attend day 1 and 2 to be eligible)
If indicated on the registration form, information will be provided about this opportunity to participate in a unique oilfield tour.
- CLICK HERE FOR QUICK AND EASY ONLINE REGISTRATION.
- DOWNLOAD BROCHURE
- Mail: OOGEEP at P.O. Box 187, Granville, OH 43023
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (740) 587-0410