COVID-19 Pediatric Formulations Training Webinar at 2 p.m. Today | OPA COVID-19 Vaccines and Therapeutics: June 14, 2022 Update
New ODH COVID-19 Pediatric Formulations Training Webinar
The Ohio Department of Health (ODH) is offering a webinar on Tuesday, June 14, from 2-3 pm to inform COVID-19 vaccine providers of critical updates about Pfizer-BioNTech's new pediatric formulation (ages 6 months through 4 years) and Moderna's pediatric formulation (ages 6 months through 5 years). Topics covered by ODH staff will include ordering, preparation, storage, handling, and administration guidance. OPA will provide a link to the recorded session if provided by ODH. See the meeting information below:
Microsoft Teams meeting
Join on your computer or mobile app. Click here to join the meeting
Join with a video conferencing device [email protected]
Video Conference ID: 116 559 038 7 Alternate VTC dialing instructions
Or call in (audio only) +1 614-721-2972,,909595612# United States, Columbus
Phone Conference ID: 909 595 612#
New Additional Resources for COVID-19 Pediatric Vaccinations
Here are additional resources for vaccine providers. Your site may choose not to administer vaccines to pediatric patients. However, these resources may help inform a patient/guardian/caregiver’s decision to get a vaccine.
- The Pediatric COVID-19 Vaccination Operational Planning Guide includes details for the anticipated Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine for children ages 6 months through 4 years and the Moderna vaccine for children ages 6 months through 5 years.
- COVID-19 Vaccination for Children | CDC
- VAERS reporting assistance: Email [email protected]or call 1-800-822-7967
- V-safe:Materials are provided at V-safe Print Resources | CDC, or view a brief 30-second video that shows how easy it is to record information at Share Your COVID-19 Vaccination Experience with V-safe.
- Pfizer Informational Webinars: To access current and future training sessions, please visit: https://www.pfizermedicalinformation.com/en-us/medical-updates.
Reminder: ODH Announces Preorders for COVID-19 Vaccines for Children Younger than 5 Years The Ohio Department of Health (ODH) announced that vaccine providers can preorder Pfizer BioNTech's and Moderna's COVID-19 pediatric vaccine formulations for children ages 6 months to 4 years. This will allow the vaccines to be shipped out to providers as soon as the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) recommends these vaccines for use. Ordering is now open through the ImpactSIIS Vaccine Ordering Management System (VOMS). Providers are encouraged to order only one of the two vaccine options to avoid administration or storage errors. A separate order form for the pediatric COVID-19 vaccine formulation must be submitted without other COVID-19 vaccine formulation orders. These orders will be fulfilled in the order they are received.
Note: The new Pfizer and Moderna vaccines are specially made for young children and are not interchangeable with the current Pfizer or Moderna products for adults, adolescents, and children.
Reminder: ODH Shares Interim Provider Guidance for COVID-19 Vaccine for Children Younger than 5 Years
ODH prepared a guide titled Interim Provider Guidance for COVID-19 Vaccines for Children Younger than 5 Years to provide preliminary guidance on the ordering, storage, handling, and administration of COVID-19 pediatric vaccine formulations. This guidance document will be updated following federal regulatory action and clinical considerations that the CDC will publish.
Reminder: The following incentives end on Thursday, June 30, 2022.
Reminder: Medicaid Patients Eligible for $100 Incentive for First COVID-19 Vaccine and All Booster Doses
ODH and Ohio’s Medicaid Managed Care Organizations (MCOs) announced continued and additional incentives for Medicaid and MyCare patients to receive their COVID-19 vaccine series and booster shots. Here is additional information:
- Medicaid and MyCare patients ages five and older are eligible to receive a $100 gift card for their first COVID-19 vaccine. See this first dose incentive flyer for additional information.
- Medicaid patients ages 12 and older are eligible to receive a $100 gift card for their first and second booster COVID-19 vaccines. See this booster dose incentive flyer for additional information. Note: MyCare patients are not included in this incentive.
- Both incentives extend to June 30, 2022.
- Each MCO has different requirements for patients to claim their gift cards, and the flyers provide additional information.
Reminder: $100 COVID-19 Vaccine Administration Fee
ODM and Ohio’s MCOs announced that the administration fee for COVID-19 vaccines is $100 for all COVID-19 shots, including first, second, and booster doses for Medicaid members, has been extended to June 30, 2022. See further details on the https://www.covidvaxonthespot.com/providers/ Provider and Pharmacy Resources webpage. The MCO leadership encourages pharmacies to assist Medicaid patients with accessing first, second, and booster shots through phone calls, walk-in appointments, and other personalized outreach.
OPA is working diligently to facilitate communication between state decision-makers and member pharmacists. OPA has created multiple COVID-19 resources, including a COVID-19 Vaccine Information Webpage, COVID-19 Testing Hub, and COVID-19 Resources Webpage, on the OPA website www.ohiopharmacists.org under the Resources drop-down box. Please contact Myriam Shaw Ojeda, Director of Pharmacy Extension and Public Health Initiatives, for further questions at [email protected].