RSA14 - Preliminary Draft of Program Now Available for Review
The preliminary draft of the RSA14 Program is now available.
The conference is shaping up to be the largest in our association’s history with more than 1400 participants and more than 450 panels. Thanks to all those who served as reviewers and my many, very patient Syracuse University colleagues who helped to shape the program.
We are still in the process of copyediting but would ask that all participants review the draft program. We ask that any revisions, concerns, or suggestions be sent to me (firstname.lastname@example.org) by December 15, 2013. This will allow us time to make revisions in time for the production of the conference program. As you review this draft, please keep the following in mind:
- Please send us corrections of spellings, affiliations, etc.
- We have had an issue with co-authors. Somehow the system failed to register some co-authors. We are manually checking for missing co-authors but please send us the name and affiliation of any co-author not listed on the program.
- We have made every effort to avoid scheduling conflicts and to accommodate requests. Please let us know if there are specific scheduling conflicts but also please be aware that any changes to one panel has an impact on the entire conference schedule. We will make every effort to accommodate conflicts but will also ask for patience.
- We will make every effort not to move panels and will not make any adjustments without contacting participants.
- We will plan to make the final conference program available in late January.
There is still time for your university or organization to support RSA14 by purchasing an ad in the program or sponsoring an event. For information about sponsorship, please go to: http://rhetoricsociety.org/aws/RSA/pt/sp/conference_exhibitors
Be sure to register for the conference before the February 1, 2014 deadline. Register here: http://rhetoricsociety.org/aws/RSA/pt/sp/conference_registration
Also, be sure to arrange your accommodations at our conference hotel – the Marriott Rivercenter in San Antonio. We have arranged a very good rate and encourage all our members to book their rooms as soon as possible. While we understand our members may choose to seek lodging elsewhere, keep in mind that we are able to keep rates low because of the large number of RSA members who stay in the conference hotel. Information on the Marriott Rivercenter can be found at: http://rhetoricsociety.org/aws/RSA/pt/sp/conference_hotel Deadline for the RSA rate is May 1, 2014.
Thanks and I look forward to seeing you all in San Antonio!
Kendall R. Phillips, Ph.D. | President-elect | Rhetoric Society of America
102D Shaffer Art Building
Syracuse, New York 13244
t 315.443.2883 f 315.443.1303 e email@example.com