To help connect patients with health providers, this Medication Therapy Management (MTM) Registry identifies the location and services provided by MTM pharmacists in Ohio. This statewide registry is self-reported and kept current by the staff of the Ohio Pharmacists Association (OPA). OPA recognizes the benefits of MTM services to improve the patient’s quality of life and encourages use of this resource. However, OPA does not endorse these providers and their services nor has OPA reviewed the listing of services submitted. To download a printable form of the Registry, click on these links - MTM Registry by Company or MTM Registry by City
Save Money on Healthcare costs!
(Download link & print to distribute to customers)
" Improper use of medications
is the leading cause of hospitalizations. "
Hospitalizations can cost thousands of dollars. Developing a relationship with your pharmacist through MTMS can help you avoid these unnecessary hospital visits and help you keep costs down, which is just one benefit of MTMS.
Here are five more reasons you should get started on your MTMS program today.
- Improved Health by face-to-face communication with the pharmacist. MTMS allows your pharmacist to help create a personalized medication plan that will work to give you the optimal treatment you deserve. 80% of diabetes patients in Asheville, NC reached their diabetic goals through MTMS; 81% of MTMS patients in San Diego reached their blood pressure goal of 140/90 mmHg. Managing your health on a regular basis can help you avoid unnecessary hospital visits and additional medications, which can save you money!
- Understanding your Medications. Medication therapy can sometimes be overwhelming and, at times, confusing. Your pharmacist, through your personalized MTMS program, will work with you to help you understand why your medications have been prescribed and the proper, safe method of taking them.
- Comprehensive Medication Review and Medication Record. With MTMS, it's easier to keep track of how your medication is working for you. You can now make an appointment with your MTMS pharmacist. They will have your updated medication records on file and will be able to work with you to make sure you stay on the right track with your medication therapy.
- Evaluation for Medication Safety, duplication, drug interactions and cost savings. If you have more than one doctor prescribing medication, you need someone to help make sure the drugs you receive are safe for you, aren't being prescribed twice, and won't have negative interactions with other medications, including over-the-counter medications you may be taking. Plus, by making sure you are getting the right medications, you could potentially save money! According to the Annals of Internal Medicine, MTMS patients taking heart medicine reduced ER visits and hospital admissions by 19.4% and lowered individual healthcare costs by $3000.
- Personalized and on-going Action Plan. No two people are alike and your medication should be personalized to fit your needs, not categorized into one mass treatment plan. MTMS allows you to develop a personal relationship with your pharmacist, which in turn allows your pharmacist to analyze and suggest improvements to your medication therapy. Your MTMS pharmacist will help you determine medication goals and develop an on-going action plan that works for you.
For the patient, the outcome is all about quality of life.
August 17, 2016
August 31, 2016
OPA Office - 2674 Federated Blvd, Columbus, OH 43235
September 11, 2016
Makoy Center, 5462 Center Street, Hilliard, OH 43026
September 22, 2016
OPA Office- 2674 Federated Blvd, Columbus, OH 43235
September 29, 2016
OPA office- 2674 Federated Blvd, Columbus, OH 43235