The Mission of the Ohio Pharmacists Association is to unite the profession of pharmacy, and encourage interprofessional relations while promoting public health through education, discussion and legislation.
History & Purpose
The Ohio Pharmacists Association (OPA) was formed September 2, 1879 in Columbus, Ohio under the name Ohio State Pharmaceutical Association (OSPA).
The purpose of the Association was to elevate the character of the pharmaceutical profession, by uniting the reputable druggists of the state in order to foster the education of those learning the art and thereby stimulate the talent of those engaged in pharmacy. In cooperation with its members and leaders, the present-day OPA continues to function by this purpose and act to positively impact the profession as these past extraordinary individuals did.
Code of Ethics
Ohio Pharmacists Association
- A pharmacist respects the confidential and professional relationship with the patient.
- A pharmacist works with other health care professionals to achieve the highest standard of care for the patient.
- A pharmacist acts with honesty and integrity in professional relationships.
- A pharmacist strives to increase professional knowledge.
- A pharmacist uses professional knowledge to educate the public.
- A pharmacist practices under conditions that do not impair professional judgement and skill.
- A pharmacist serves community and societal needs.
June 14, 2016
OPA office- 2674 Federated Blvd., Columbus, OH 43235
June 21, 2016
July 20, 2016
August 17, 2016
October 9, 2016
Hilton Columbus at Easton