The committees of the Ohio Fire Chiefs' Association and the Ohio Fire & Emergency Services Foundation (OF&ESF) are at the heart of the organization's success. Many of the exciting initiatives pursued by the Association and Foundation started at the committee level.
As a member of the Association, you can get involved. Look over the list of committees and chairpersons below for the topic area that interests you.
- The Conference Committee shall oversee the planning and logistics of the annual conference. The Chairperson shall be appointed by the President at the conclusion of the last completed Conference. The Chairperson shall follow the guidelines established by the Board of Directors and shall be responsible for developing the program for the next Annual Conference in cooperation with the various committees of the Association. The Chairperson shall suggest topics and/or programs for the Conference, and in conjunction with the Host Committee, provide a program for the spouses and guests who accompany the members to the Conference. All plans and programs shall be presented to and be approved by the Board of Directors before final acceptance.
- The Constitution Committee shall prepare any proposed amendment or changes to the Constitution. A copy of the proposed amendments or changes shall be distributed to the membership as per Article VII-Amendments, Section 2,-Paragraph 1.
- The Education Committee (OF&ESF) shall consist of such members as the Board deems necessary. The committee shall keep itself informed of changes in education and training requirements of the fire service and inform the Association of such changes.
- The Emergency Medical Services Committee shall keep informed of all matters affecting emergency medical service. They shall keep the membership advised of all such information. They shall be the liaison between the Association and all agencies and departments of the State of Ohio involving emergency medical services.
- The Legislative Committee shall keep informed of proposed legislation affecting the fire service and update the Association of such information. They shall work for the passage or defeat of all legislation affecting the fire service and the Association.
- The Membership Committee shall increase and develop all categories of membership within the Association. The Committee will continuously review membership benefits and programs and suggest/develop new benefits and/or programs that will be relevant and helpful to the membership. The Committee will serve in an advisory capacity to the Board of Directors with respect to membership benefits, programs, and classifications.
- The Metro Chiefs Committee shall represent agencies with a population of 50,000 and greater and 100 or more full time employees.
- The Nominations and Elections Committee shall accept nominations for the necessary elective offices and present those names to the membership at the Conference on the day prior to the election. Nominations will be accepted from the floor at this time.
- The Publications Committee shall be responsible for developing, organizing and publishing magazines, web articles, and other such media as may be deemed necessary to carry the message and activities of the Association to its’ members.
- The Retired Chiefs’ Committee shall keep informed of all matters affecting retired Chiefs of the Ohio Fire Service. All such information shall be communicated to the membership of the Association.
- The Scholarship Committee (OF&ESF) shall consist of such members as the Board deems necessary. The committee shall be responsible for evaluating applicants that apply for scholarships and distributing scholarships in a fair and equitable manner. Scholarships shall be awarded based on the guidelines within each scholarship fund.
- The Volunteer Committee shall keep informed of all matters affecting volunteer fire departments. Such information should be passed on to the appropriate officer or committee for further action, if necessary. In 2011, the committee conducted a Volunteer Sector Survey to determine how to best serve the volunteer fire service.
Or if you are unsure of where to start but still want to serve the Association, complete the Committee Involvement form below:
For secure online processing, Sign Up Today!
Your request will be forwarded to the appropriate committee chair for further contact.
And thanks for taking the time to serve the Ohio Fire Chiefs' Association!