The Leadership Academy was created in 2006 with the ultimate goal of the identifying and nurturing future generations of NCDA Leaders. Up to eight NCDA members will be selected to join this hands-on, highly experiential leadership development opportunity designed specifically for promising national and state career development association leaders. NCDA's Leadership Academy will refine and strengthen the leadership skills of those selected for this dynamic program.
Applicants selected to the NCDA Leadership Academy Class may:
- Attend a series of leadership workshops and training sessions during the upcoming NCDA annual conference.
- Learn more about NCDA's history, governance process, and strategic initiatives.
- Meet with current and past NCDA leaders in a small group environment, thereby increasing the opportunity for high quality, one-to-one interactions.
- Learn more about leadership opportunities within NCDA, including leadership positions associated with NCDA committees, councils, and task forces as well as state associations.
- Develop lifelong relationships with other NCDA members interested in leadership opportunities within the national and state organizations.
- Prepare for future leadership positions on the NCDA Board and committees or with state associations.
- Identify a twelve-month Leadership Action Learning Project selected from a list of Board and committee identified needs listed at the end of this application or a relevant and related career information topic. Research and complete the project with the support of members of the NCDA Board of Directors. Provide a written report in advance of and short presentation on Project results at the next year's conference.
Ten classes of the Leadership Academy have convened. See links on the left to view Class information, including Class Projects and Class Presentations at the NCDA Conference. LA Alumni may apply to participate in the LA Development Committee (watch here for new online application). Future LA participants will need to watch here for new online applications, posted in the fall of each year (with a typical deadline of November 1). The new application instructions will be posted soon.
Click here to read about the inaugural Leadership Academy class in an article published in Career Convergence.
Questions? Contact NCDA Staff Liaison Alicia Cheek