NCDA Career Practitioner Institute
Watch for details on the October 16, 2015 Career Practitioner Institute in Vancouver, British Columbia. DETAILS COMING SOON!!
"Practical Techniques and Strategies for
Career Development Practitioners"
October 16, 2015
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Download the Albuquerque Career Practitioner Institute Program Book.
Online Registration is COMING SOON!
Downloadable Registration Form is COMING SOON!
Vancouver Airport Marriott Hotel
7571 Westminster Highway
Richmond, BC V6X 1A3
Phone: (877) 323-8888
Online hotel reservations can be made at:
Rate: $149 (Canadian) plus current tax rate of 15% (subject to change without notice).
To receive the group rate, reservations will be accepted until NCDA room blocks are full OR until September 14, 2015, whichever comes first. Please refer to National Career Development Association when making reservations to receive the group rate. All reservations placed after this cut-off date will be accepted at the hotel's prevailing rate, based on availability.
Thursday, October 15, 2015
Optional Pre-Conference Professional Development Institutes (additional fee required to participate); 4-8 Continuing Education Units
Details COMING SOON!
Dr. Mark Savickas, Northeast Ohio Medical University
Mark Savickas has served as an Adjunct Professor of Counselor Education at Kent State University since 1975. During those 40 years he has taught the career counseling class to over 5,000 students. His most recent attempts to provide better instruction have focused on developing manualized interventions for career transitions.
Thursday, October 15, 2015
Professional Development Institutes (PDIs)
PDI #1 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
PDI #2 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
PDI #3 1:00 - 5:00 pm
Friday, October 16, 2015
8:30 - 9:45 am Opening General Session
10:00 - 11:00 am Presentation Series I (3 presentations per series)
11:15 am - 12:15 pm Presentation Series II (3 presentations per series)
12:15 - 1:30 pm Welcome Lunch
1:30 - 2:30 pm Presentation Series III (3 presentations per series)
2:45 - 3:30 pm Closing Session
What Is a Career Practitioner Institute?
NCDA offers these smaller, regional conferences for the purpose of
- gathering practitioners together for a day long event at a low cost
- allowing NCDA Board members and representatives opportunities to present to and interact with smaller groups of practitioners
- showcasing NCDA products and benefits to both members and non-members
- offering CEUs (continuing education units) to practitioners who seek these
- convening Board meetings
What Are Participants Saying about NCDA Career Practitioner Institutes?
- "I enjoyed everything! Networking was terrific! Speakers were excellent! Location was wonderful. Being able to obtain 13 CEU's in 2 days while having fun, too!"
- "Two of the best things about the presentations were the thought provoking ideas and concepts and the competencies of the facilitators."
- "I enjoyed gaining new information and practices to re-energize my work."
- "As a new member, this was very beneficial... I learned about the many resources and training opportunities available to me personally, but also those that will be helpful in my work with my students."