Caring Tree Project
Join Midwest Care Alliance for an uplifting project! Bring a tree decorated with anything that represents caring! The Caring Tree Project is part of our Annual Conference each year and we encourage each member/agency to decorate a tree with items that represent YOUR community of care.
SUBMISSION CRITERIA FOR THE CARING TREE:
- Tree cannot be over 3 feet tall;
- Tree must be fully decorated and displayed with items representing your community of care;
- A short, written description should accompany your tree;
- Bring your tree the first day you attend the conference.
NOTE: Electricity may not be available for purposes of The Caring Tree Project. Please plan accordingly!
What Happens To The Trees After The Conference?
We will all enjoy the beautiful trees when they are displayed at the conference. When the conference concludes, Midwest Care Alliance is proud to share the care our members bring and The Caring Tree Project is a perfect example of that. Each tree has the opportunity to plant its roots in one of three ways after the conference.
- Trees can be taken back with you to your program after the conference.
- Trees can be donated as a door prize for the conference.
- Trees can be donated to A Kid Again and delivered in time for the holidays.
A Kid Again is a non-profit organization that strives to enrich the lives of children with life-threatening illnesses and their families by providing healing times of respite through fun-filled activities and destination events, which are called adventures. These year round adventures foster laughter, joy, normalcy and supportive networking opportunities. To learn more about A Kid Again, visit their website at www.akidagain.org