Palliative Care Consultant, 3rd Edition SOLD OUT
Palliative Care Consultant (PCC) is a reference guide for symptom management in palliative and end-of-life care.
It provides easy access for physicians, nurses and other healthcare providers with information and guidelines on management of pain and other distressing symptoms. Produced in a handy format, this book is a must for anyone who cares for patients with cancer, chronic diseases and life-limiting illnesses.
Palliative Care Consultant is among the few resources that addresses both the pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic approaches to a broad array of diseases and symptom management issues. The text's guide for effective management of symptoms is generously sprinkled with clinical pearls from experts in the field and is well referenced. For those less familiar with palliative care, the algorithms for symptom management provide a step-by-step pathway for targeting treatments to meet the individual needs of the patient.
The PCC contains other valuable tools such as hospice eligibility guidelines, drug information tables and a suggested formulary.
This new edition of PCC includes:
- Expanded Guidelines for Effective Management of Symptoms (GEMS)
- More detailed symptoms and algorithms
- Guidelines for Determination of Hospice Eligibility per diagnosis
- Detailed Palliative Chemotherapy and Radiation Guidelines
- Supportive appendices from the Palliative Performance Scale to Drug Informational charts