October 3, 2013
Introduction to ICD-9 Coding for Hospice and Co-Morbid/Related Conditions
Midwest Care Alliance; 2233 North Bank Drive; Columbus, OH 43220
Date: October 3, 2013
Time: 8:30 am-5:00 pm
(Registration begins at 8:00 am)
Midwest Care Alliance
2233 North Bank Drive
Columbus, OH 43220
Judy Adams, RN, BSN, HCS-D, HCS-O
AHIMA Approved ICD-10-CM Trainer
Adams Home Care Consulting, Inc.
Who Should Attend
Administrators, Nursing & Financial Managers, Billers, Coders
$125.00 for members
$300.00 for nonmembers
Fee includes materials, continental breakfast, lunch and refreshments
Seating is Limited-Register Today!
Attendees will become familiar with the basics of ICD-9 coding principles and how to code co-morbid or related conditions.
- Describe the basic fundamentals of ICD-9-CM Coding
- Identify the contents and use of Volume 1 and 2 of the Coding Manual
- Demonstrate how to find individual diagnostic codes
- Describe the intent of key guidelines from the Hospice Conditions of Participation, the CMS hospice benefit and billing manuals, and hospice local coverage decision policies
- Apply critical thinking skills in balancing the economic and regulatory compliance issues in selecting the most accurate and effective co-morbid or related diagnoses for hospice
- Demonstrate appropriate selection and sequencing of diagnoses to sample hospice situations
Continuing Education Information
This event will provide 6.5 contact/clock hours.
Criteria for completion: Attendance at entire event and submission of completed evaluation form.
No commercial support was received for this educational event.
The planning committee has declared no conflict of interest. The presenter has declared no conflict of interest and has agreed to present information fairly and without bias.
Midwest Center for Home, Hospice & Palliative Care Education (OH-248/4-01-15) is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Ohio Nurses Association (OBN-001-91), an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
For those interested in HCS-D approval, please contact RN Education Planner, Lisa Sheehan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Online registration is required when paying by credit card. (Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express accepted)
To register online now, please CLICK HERE!
To pay by check or money order, please download and print the advertisement/registration form by CLICKING HERE.
< Back | Printer Friendly Page | Add to my Outlook® Calendar